Sunday 8 February 2015

Grammy Predictions, Winners & More

I love awards shows, and today is Grammy day which I'm very excited about. From the red carpet to the performances to the awards, I love every minute of it.When I was in high school (which was only a year and half ago), I used to watch all of these awards shows and write down who I predicted/wanted to win along with who actually ended up winning. So, seeing as I'm watching the Grammy's as I write this post, why not do what always do when I watch these awards shows, so with that here goes :)

Quick side note: My predictions aren't always necessarily who I think will win, it's usually more of who I WANT to win :) 

57th GRAMMY Awards 2015

Best New Artist: 
Prediction- Iggy Azalea (always gotta back fellow Aussies ;) )
Winner- Sam Smith (well deserved :) )
Side Note: Taylor Swift was also the presenter and she looked fantastic!

Best Pop Solo Performance:
Prediction: Shake It Off -Taylor Swift (my favourite song in the category and Taylor is amazing ;) )
Winner: Happy- Pharrell Williams (expected and well deserved :) )

Best Pop Vocal Album:
Prediction: My Everything- Ariana Grande (some of you may know, I absolutely love this album :) )
Winner: In The Lonely Hour- Sam Smith (once again, expected and well deserved :) )

Best Rock Album:
Prediction: Songs Of Innocence- U2 (not going to lie, it was the only album I had heard of)
Winner: Morning Phase- Beck (I personally hadn't heard of the album, but I'm sure well deserved:) )

Best R&B Performance:
Prediction: Drunk In Love- Beyonce ft. Jay Z (favourite song in the category :) )
Winner: Drunk In Love- Beyonce ft. Jay Z (finally got one right! ;) )

Best Country Album:
Prediction: Platinum- Miranda Lambert (only album I'd heard of)
Winner: Platinum- Miranda Lambert

Album Of The Year:
Prediction: X- Ed Sheeran (I just love Ed Sheeran ;) )
Winner: Morning Phase- Beck

Song Of The Year:
Prediction: Shake It Off- Taylor Swift (no explanation needed ;) )
Winner: Stay With Me- Sam Smith (definitely expected and well deserved :) )

Record Of The Year:
Prediction: Shake It Off- Taylor Swift
Winner: Stay With Me- Sam Smith

As you can see my predictions weren't really proper predictions ;) but anyway, a big congratulations to Sam Smith who was the obvious big winner of the night, he definitely deserved it :)

PERFORMANCES

The show was jam-packed with brilliant performances from extremely talented musicians, so I thought I would share a few of my favourite performances of the night with you :)

Ariana Grande 
Ariana Grade's performance of 'Just a Little Bit of Your Heart' was flawless as always, and I was super excited because for those of you who read my 'Three Favourite Albums At The Moment' post, you'll know that 'Just a Little Bit of Your Heart' is my favourite song off her album, so I was super happy that she sang it :)
Side Note: Anna Kendrick was the presenter of the song and my boyfriend loves her, so I thought I'd add that she looked fabulous ;)

Ed Sheeran & John Mayor
Ed Sheeran's performance of 'Thinking Out Loud' with John Mayer  was also a favourite performance of mine from the night. Ed Sheeran can do no wrong when it comes to song-writing, performing and singing beautifully :)

Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney
Another favourite performance of mine was Rihanna's, Kanye West's and Paul McCartney's performance of their new song 'Four Five Seconds'. I am loving that song at the moment, so it was great to hear them sing it fantastically at the Grammy's :)

Sam Smith & Mary J. Blige
Sam Smith and Mary J. Blige's performance of 'Stay With Me' was also quite beautiful :)

Sia
My favourite performance of the night however, would probably have to be Sia's performance of 'Chandelier'. I'm a Dance Moms fan so I was happy that Maddie Ziegler danced alongside special guest Kristen Wiig :) It was a really fun, unique performance,  Sia sounded phenomenal and she's also an Aussie which is always a plus ;)

FASHION

I was also planning on sharing all of my favourites in regards to the fashion at this years Grammy's, however I'm not going to lie, I was quite disappointed, nothing really stood out to me and made me say 'wow'. So with that I thought I would just share photos of my Best Dressed Female and Male along with a mention of the other outfits I liked.


Best Dressed Female: Taylor Swift

Best Dressed Male: Ne-Yo








Other celeb outfits that I liked on this years Grammy Red Carpet included Anna Kendrick, Nick Jonas, Miley Cyrus, Iggy Azalea, John Mayer and Gwen Stafani.

No comments:

Post a Comment