Tuesday 24 February 2015

3 Fitness Myths That People Need To Know Aren't True!

Hi everyone, for anybody that reads my blog (if anybody does ;)) you may know that I'm really into health and fitness, and there are a few myths out there that really grind my gears at times. Therefore, I thought I would burst the bubble on three fitness myths that many people tend to believe in.

Myth 1: Protein Powders and Workout Supplements Are a Must!

Photo from Google Images
NOOOO! I personally do not believe this is true, and a lot of supplements especially pre-workouts can actually sometimes be quite dangerous to your health. I have seen it time and time again, from fitness gurus to people just getting into fitness, they all think that these powders and supplements are essential to build muscle and lose weight, however this couldn't be further from the truth. In my opinion, HARD WORK is what leads to results, not workout supplements. Fair enough protein powers can be helpful but I don't think they necessary, especially for people who are just looking to lose weight, tone up and become stronger. Like I said before, it all comes down to hard work, exercise and healthy eating.

Myth 2: Exercise Is The End All Be All When It Comes To Weight Loss

Photo from Google Images
While I find that exercise is a vital component when it comes to leading a fit, healthy and active lifestyle it is not the most important thing when it comes to weight loss. The most important thing to remember when it comes to losing weight is to eat a healthy balanced diet. For those of you haven't heard the expression 'abs are made in the kitchen', you have heard it now, and it couldn't be more true, the same expression goes for your entire body. Exercise is what creates and develops the muscle however, diet is the key  ingredient in order for you to actually see the results. Therefore, in order for you to have the banging body that you have always wanted, all you need to remember is the golden rule; 70% Diet 30% Exercise.

Myth 3: Girls Shouldn't Use Heavy Weights

Photo from Google Images
Many of you have probably heard about this myth a million times before and you probably know that it is just that; a myth. However, I just need to reinforce the fact that heavy weights are NOT bad for women. I personally encourage it, I think that weights are great for women in order to tone up and become stronger. Weights alone will not make you body builder bulky, so you don't need to stress about that. Girls shouldn't be scared of lifting heavy weights, because they really are fabulous :)


There you go, three fitness myths busted. I hope that this post has helped some you out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment