Thursday 15 January 2015

Passions and Interests

Seeing as I'm new to the 'blogosphere' I thought that I would share my passions and interests. That way there can be some insight into what I will actually be blogging about.

Travel

I definitely have the travel bug. Travelling is something that is actually really important to me and something I am really passionate about. There's nothing I would rather do. Visiting different countries and experiencing different cultures is so fascinating to me. I have been lucky enough to have travelled to three different countries so far. America was the first, a quick trip to Canada was second and then I went on a school ski trip to New Zealand in my final year of high school. All of those countries offered new experiences and new friends that I will never forget, and I honestly can't wait for my next adventure.

Health & Fitness

If I am being completely honest health & fitness didn’t really resonate with me until I started my first year of university. I mean I obviously knew the importance of it but I didn't really take time to understand all of the science behind it. I think that my mum was one of the main reasons as to why I started to find health & fitness so interesting and exercising so enjoyable. She is a trainer herself, and fitness is her passion. When I left home, I started to realise where she was coming from, and I am so happy that I am now passionate about health & fitness too. It's honestly a form of therapy to me and there's no better feeling after completing a hard, sweaty, vigorous workout :)

Theatre/Performance

My passion for theatre and performing in front of an audience initially began in grade 9 when I was a dancer in the school musical. From that moment on I have thrived off performing in front of an audience whether it be acting, singing or dancing. In grade 11, I was lucky enough to receive a main character role in the school musical and in grade 12 I performed in multiple skits where I had to act, sing and dance in the school production. I also studied drama all throughout high school and in my final year I was awarded the top student of drama, which I was extremely happy about :) Seeing as drama was most definitely my favourite subject in school and something I felt I was quite good at, it felt really good to be recognised as the top student :)

Music

I think this is a given. I mean music is something that can help with any mood and any situation. Whether, I'm happy or sad or whether I'm exercising, studying, getting ready to go out with some friends, or just hanging out in my room, there's always a song, album, artist or playlist that is just perfect for it. Music is just amazing, and I'm not going to lie, I do love occasionally belting out my favourite songs ;)

Celebrity Culture

I know to some people this may seem silly, but ever since I could remember I have watched E! News and it was actually the reason why I decided to study journalism at uni. The thought of interviewing celebrities on the red carpet has always been so fascinating and exciting to me and working at E! would definitely be one of my dream jobs. 

So there we go, there's just a little bit of insight into what my interests are and what I am passionate about :)


No comments:

Post a Comment